Portfolio

Please check out my industrial design portfolio and feel free to contact me or leave a comment!
https://goo.gl/pkkub8

First Car Sketch in a While

First time in a while that I've been staying over after work just to sketch for fun. Also the first proper car sketch in a couple of months, probably because I have been doing some vehicle concept design lately, which has satisfied my car sketching needs. I was looking at some videos of the new Volvo XC 60 (coming out in 2018), which I think looks truly awesome - Swedish design at it's best! ...and that inspired me to do some slightly sporty looking SUV sketching. In the end it didn't turn out to be very SUVish, which is often the case for me, I guess I need to copy some SUV designs to learn how the proportions should look... A funny thing when I was sketching the sketch below is that I had a quite relaxed sitting position, which resulted in that I looked at the sketch a bit from the side, which resulted in the sketch being twisted. Fortunately there is Photoshop to correct mistakes like that. 

Below is the result in 3 different steps. The reason why it took so long time is because I was playing around with the shapes a lot, trying different things and also I kept on experimenting in Photoshop after scanning the sketch.

Equipment: Black Biq ballpoint pen + Photoshop CC (For cleaning up dots around the sketch)
Time: 40 min

Equipment: Photoshop CC (Mostly for fixing the proportions and "untwisting" the sketch)
Time: 20 min

Equipment: Photoshop CC (Adding white lines to highlight and enhance some design features)
Time: 30 min

No comments:

Post a Comment